Total Pageviews

Thursday, February 13, 2014

Hard work and treasure hunting determination

You have to be prepared to out work the competition for metal detecting finds, no matter which beaches you search on.
I smile when I hear people write off my platinum and gold jewelry finds, as just the result of living near tourist beaches. 
Here are a few old finds from the 17th, 18th and early 19th century, found here in south Florida which is not exactly artifact hunting central. 


I remember holding every single one of these old finds in my hand for the first time,  I also remember the hard work it took to find them.  
The same hard work and determination it takes to regularly find platinum and gold jewelry on tourist beaches. 
Hard work and determination eventually pays off for a beach or shallow water hunter, and the results are all the more sweeter when you know go out there and make your own luck. 
It would be easier to hang on the detecting forums, or wait for a blogger to tell me when to go searching the local beaches, but a wait and see strategy is never a good treasure hunting plan.
I prefer to do my homework on the beaches I like to search,  make the most of the conditions present and make sure I cover the search area thoroughly. 
Patience, persistence and perseverance are the traits of all good beach or shallow water hunter, not wait until conditions improve,  hook up with other hunters, and hope for the best. 
In my opinion, you cannot beat a beach or shallow water hunter with a real treasure hunting plan.  
A beach or shallow water that has researched and studied the area, uses a good metal detector, and is prepared to go metal detecting when other beach or shallow water hunter's lack motivation.
Treasure is like everything else in life, if you want it, you have to go out and work hard for it. 





No comments:

Post a Comment