Total Pageviews

Thursday, June 18, 2020

Stay in your lane

As the old saying goes, good things come to those who wait and that is often the case for beach treasure hunters who stay the course at heavily hunted beaches.
I use a variety of search techniques at tourist type beaches searching for platinum, gold and silver jewelry.
The conditions present at the time dictate what search pattern I use, but once I start to grid an area I always stay in my lanes no matter who or how many other people are at the beach using metal detectors.
It is always better to cover a good area thoroughly than a good beach sloppily, instead of picking up the pace rushing around because I see other people are metal detecting I actually slow down.
I always have supreme confidence in my site reading skills, search pattern and metal detector helping me to get the job done.
Not even a little competition will throw me off the way I know is best to grid a potentially good jewelry spot, I stay in my lane searching methodically no matter what because I have found so many magnificent pieces of jewelry sticking to the beach hunting plan.
Staying in your lane is how you consistently find jewelry behind or in front of the so called competition.
Meandering around on the beach searching from the waters edge, walking up towards the top of the beach and back down to the wet sand willy nilly is only going to effective search strategy if you are very lucky.
A better beach hunting strategy is to divide the beach up into smaller search areas, pick the area that looks the most promising and use a search pattern to grid the smaller section of beach.
Maintain tight lanes and only move on to a different search area when you know you have completely gridded the section you chose to search.
If you have to sample areas before choosing a section of the beach to search you need to brush up on your site reading skills.
I often recommend novice beach hunters zig zag along the lower beach until they run across a target rich area, but once you learn a few basic beach reading skills, zig zagging and sampling areas are not necessary. 
Top pocket jewelry finds are the rewards for staying in your lane at heavily searched beaches.
Diamond rings like this 18K gold Bobby Dazzler come to those who rely on site reading skills and patience.  

This diamond encrusted designer ring was recovered searching an area a local metal detecting club hot shot told me not to waste my time searching because they had just covered it. 
The thoughtful person who told me not to waste my time had covered the beach but not the most promising looking section of the beach thoroughly.
Stay in your lane or lanes and reap the jewelry hunting rewards from covering promising looking areas at heavily searched beaches thoroughly. 


For other tips and tricks to searching heavily hunted beaches check out my beach treasure hunting guides at www.garydrayton.com 







 

No comments:

Post a Comment