Total Pageviews

Monday, March 23, 2020

You never know unless you go

Word to the wise my fellow beach hunters, you never know what you can or cannot find unless you go.
There are no magic times to go metal detecting, but you can experience magical moments because you decided to give it a try instead of staying at home because you didn't think you would find anything.
One of the reasons my blog is not posted every day is because I spend so much of my time searching different sites and trying different things to help me recover coins, jewelry or artifacts on a regular basis.
I simply don't have time to copy and paste treasure articles every day or base my blog on the misguided premise of waiting days, weeks or months for better beach conditions and beach erosion.
Don't get me wrong I love metal detector owners who stay home waiting for favorable beach reports or the "I hit my regular beach 2 hours before low tide" posters, bless em!
One trait many successful treasure hunters share is they always seem to be in the right place at the right time.
I believe the best way to put yourself in the right place at the right time is to put yourself in position to be successful starting with heading out the door with your metal detector and giving it a try. 
Sometimes there really is no rhyme or reason why you recover a Bobby Dazzler of a find, other than being thankful you were in the right place at the right time to recover that Bobby Dazzler. 
We can study how to read a beach, read people using the beach, tide and surf actions, metal detecting equipment comparisons and even the local beach history, but you never know what you will find unless you go right?
I have been lucky enough to be in the right place at the right time several times already this year, thanks to grabbing my metal detecting equipment and hitting the road.
I could have waiting for better beach conditions or assumed favorable beach conditions had passed, but to be honest I really can't remember what the conditions or reports were calling for when I found my Bobby Dazzlers.
All I do remember is I knew I would not know for sure so I had to go!
Any by the way, the hard in hardcore beach hunting is the hard work you have to put in while others take the easier route waiting for things to happen. 




        available at www.garydrayton.com 



No comments:

Post a Comment