Total Pageviews

Thursday, December 7, 2017

Beach conditions and reports

People who wait for favorable conditions or rely on reports from others miss out on more than good recoveries, they miss a chance to learn site reading skills. 
One of the many reasons I do not rely on tide charts or surf predictions is I make my own luck.
I am going to go beach hunting regardless of the conditions and I am going to detect and recover something somewhere at the beach.
Searching beaches under less than ideal conditions will help you to become a better beach hunter, because it will force you to adapt your metal detecting and search techniques to tackle a wide variety of beach hunting situations. 
I promise you will never see me complaining about poor beach hunting conditions or posting fluffy filler in my blog as I have nothing to talk about due to unfavorable conditions. 
Saying I got to the beach and the tide was not in my favor will never happen, I search the tide and conditions I encounter when I get to the beach. 
Second hand beach reports are just that, old news telling you that you should have gone to the beach instead of waiting for improved conditions.
In my opinion, the more beach or water hunting conditions and tide levels you expose yourself to the more chance you have of detecting and recovering something good.
Check out the finds page on my website for inspiration or better still reap the rewards of having your search coil over the sand instead of waiting for improving beach hunting conditions or low tide.
Even if you do not recover anything good during less than ideal beach hunting conditions, I know you will learn something you can use on future beach hunts. 
Ask me what tide it was when I recovered a good find and I will struggle to answer, but I can tell you the conditions and they were not always good. 
A beach is constantly changing, its best to be at the beach with a metal detector instead of reading old news about how it changed. 
Being at the right place at the right time happens more often to beach hunter who search regardless of the conditions and tides.
Experience the conditions and reap the rewards !








No comments:

Post a Comment