Total Pageviews

Thursday, May 12, 2016

Go with the beach hunting flow

Eddie in Belgium asks what is the best time to go to the beach, two hours before low tide or at low tide.
My answer to Eddie was to go beach hunting regardless of the tide times, or as I like to say go with the beach hunting flow.
I have no clue what the tide times were when I recovered many of my favorite beach hunting finds, including this $14K diamond ring found last May. 



Going with the flow, often puts you in position to recover something you probably would not have detected if you were a slave to the low tide.
There are now too many people at the beach with metal detectors to dilly dally around waiting until two hours before low tide to go metal detecting at the beach.
I wear a nice Rolex watch because I did not wait until two hours before low tide to go water hunting.  Some things stick in your mind, that day I knew it was just after high tide but I went water hunting regardless. 
Two hours before low tide a couple of guys with metal detectors walked into the water in the area I recovered my Rolex, but the watch was in my finds pouch not theirs because my metal detecting time does not revolve around the tide times. 
In my opinion, you snooze you lose when it comes to beach or water hunting.
The more rules you stick to, the less you find so it is always better to go with the flow at the beach.
Being in the right place at the right time, may just be as simple as deleting your tide apps on your computer or cell phone and going to the beach. 







No comments:

Post a Comment