Total Pageviews

Tuesday, December 22, 2020

Another treasure hunting year comes to an end

As another treasure hunting year comes to an end you will be pleased to know I have decided to change the format on my beach treasure hunting blog and get with the times, I hear the collective sigh of relief from long time readers of this blog lol 
From January 1st 2021 I will be starting a new Vlog style concept to help people interested in searching for old coins, artifacts and modern jewelry, it will be heavily coastal related but it will include inland searching too.
How best to use your metal detector and "Twin optical scanners" to locate and recover what you are searching for in the areas you intend to search, you will of course see a lot of video content.
My work related travels have allowed me to explore amazing locations and search for a wide variety of things at those locations, from 350 million year old fossils, ancient artifacts to relatively modern but significantly important or valuable recoveries.
Important aspects of treasure hunting I preach about in my treasure hunt guides are searching and learning, meaning trying different search areas and learning from those searches.
This blog was never about searching local beaches and wasting time waiting for good beach conditions, it is about grinding and finding instead of following others to the same sites fighting for scraps. 
I still prefer to be known for my recovered treasures instead of blog hits, days old eroded beach photos and cheesy copy & pasted treasure related articles.  
Being on site living the moment recovering what you are searching for is so much better than being a day late and a dollar short all the time.
My new Vlog style content will put you out there in front in the thick of the action, leave the fluffy stuff to the local hunters still living in Groundhog Day mode. 
This year has been a heck of a ride, between the thousand pound gorilla in the room called Covid and my work schedule, but I made the most of my down time by saving plenty of history.
I hate to say it and I am certainly not taking the subject lightly but I was kind of pandemic ready having always been a loner searching for different types of treasures off the beaten track. 
The more I found myself avoiding crowds the more cool sites I visited and the cooler the things I recovered so I ran with it lol 
There really are many advantages to trying new treasure hunting sites and of course searching for a wide variety of treasures, also not just relying on your metal detector.
 "Twin optical scanners" are just as important to a treasure hunter as a metal detector, you eyeball sites, scan site conditions and spot exposed treasures when you keep your eyes open and you are aware of your surroundings.
I would say some of my best finds were seen before they were picked up this year.
Some people may say that is just good fortune, but is it really luck when you research sites and work hard to put yourself in the right place at the right time? 
One very important lesson 2020 has taught me is to never overlook anywhere as a treasure hunter, as readers of this blog will see as the year comes to an end. 

 






No comments:

Post a Comment