Total Pageviews

Saturday, September 12, 2020

Where the experts find treasure

Every area known for treasure hunting has at least one treasure hunter known for recovering good finds so why not find out where they are hunting right?
Not so fast as I assure you those secret locations are probably right under your nose, yes the very same places you already search with your metal detector.
I am a big fan of site reading skills and research which in my opinion are often the only reasons why some go home with the goods and others fail to recover anything in the very same areas.
For years people used to say I had secret sites I would only search at night to avoid prying eyes. In reality I searched the very same sites everybody else searched, except that I would put in the extra work to make sure I had a successful treasure hunt.
To this day my post treasure hunt time is spent looking back at what worked and what did not go so well during the search, learning so I can evolve and do better if possible.
I always start any treasure hunt off by methodically gridding a search area, sometimes from different directions according to the season, analyzing factors contributing to good finds such as the stratigraphy in dug holes, placement on the beach and the surf conditions before and during the recovery. 
If the find is modern jewelry I want to know why the piece of jewelry ended up where I recovered it, crowd placements even the nearest beach assess came into play.
All of these things I mentioned have to do with research and local knowledge of sites, assuming you would like to be known for finds not blog hits, likes or subscribers.
When I travel I always research the area I am going to be staying, what can I find and where can I find it and I know darn well a certain something has to be present in order for me to have a successful treasure hunt. 
That certain something could be as subtle as the color of sand, firmness under foot or even the organics you see around you depending on what you are searching for. 
What one man can do another man can do is one of my favorite movie lines, when you know where some form of treasure is located it just becomes a matter of duplicating treasure hunting success. 
It is not hard to figure out where local treasures are probably located, you just have to take the time to study what factors have to be present in order to recover it from the site.
Nine times out of ten a local expert recovered a good find at the very same sites you search, but under different circumstances more conductive to recovering treasures. 
Each treasure hunting site is different and what may have worked previously may not now so the way you adapt to changing conditions is an important part of the overall search strategy. 
Treasure is after all where you find it and knowing where it is often found is golden as long as your site reading skills and search techniques are up to scratch.
Luck is very overrated, ask any treasure hunter who is always in the right place at the right time. 
The guys who figured out where, why and what they have have to do be successful in the same areas you search. 
You can be successful too when you get past the idea of just showing up and hoping to get lucky with the treasure hunting crowd, fortune often favors the patient and the persistent along with the bold. 


Treasure hunting guides available at www.garydrayton.com 


 






No comments:

Post a Comment