Total Pageviews

Monday, April 13, 2020

Treasure legends & mysteries

There are many treasure legends connected to different parts of the world and if you do your research you will probably find a treasure legend or mystery associated with an area near you.
Ive been lucky enough to take part in several well known searches for lost treasure, even my email address pays homage to one I have spent years trying to solve or at least add to. 
Growing up in Lincolnshire England I had dreams of finding the fabled King Johns treasures, the English Crown Jewels lost somewhere in the "Wash" fenlands in the year 1216. 
Bottle digging around the fens I figured I always had a chance of spotting a gold kings crown covered in rubies and mud. 
Putting down roots in Florida, the Spanish treasure legend of the lost queens dowry and the Spanish 1715 fleet grabbed my attention.
After seeing the first piece of Spanish silver I scooped and held in my hand, the first case of  "Spanish fever" was confirmed in the Drayton family and I have been struggling with a cure ever since. 
My emerald treasure ring could easily be part of the dowry and destined to be worn by Philip Vs second wife the Duchess of Parma, if not for a hurricane destroying the fleet along the Treasure Coast of Florida 305 years ago. 
There are several other treasure mysteries in Florida and further away I have searched and recovered a number of cool finds at, but as they are a work in progress I will leave you in suspense.
Research is the key to going in search of treasure legends or treasure mysteries because there is always some event or perhaps mystery find that triggered the initial search.  
When trying to track down a lead I always try to put myself back in the day, imagining what an area looked like and why an event occurred where it did.
From recent experiences and objects recovered, I can tell you that you have a great chance of recovering some interesting finds if you at least take the time to give it a try.
You may not find the legendary treasure or solve the treasure mystery in your area, but perhaps you will find something from the same period equally as good.
Many unknown shipwrecks and treasures are discovered by people searching for known shipwrecks and treasures.
I have recovered several valuable pieces of modern jewelry trying to locate lost jewelry for people.
This is one reason why I am happy to help people who have lost jewelry, you never know what else you are going to find searching for a lost item. 
Perhaps now is a great time to broaden your treasure hunting horizons, research the history of your area, take a chance on a little history and mystery and see what you can find.



                                  available at www.garydrayton.com

No comments:

Post a Comment