Total Pageviews

Sunday, September 24, 2017

No Rhyme or reason

Every so often I run across something somewhere that has me thinking what the heck is this stuff doing here.
So far this year has been full of great surprises and I know why, It's because I have taken the trouble to search areas that even I did not like the look of.
Beaches or areas that you never see anyone using, places with no good signs to attract a beach hunter.  
No parking lots, beach entrances, beach side houses, hotels or other places you figure someone lost something at.
Head scratching finds recovered from head scratching places,  when you are lucky enough to stumble across such a place you often do really well.
The uglier the beach, the prettier the gold if you keep the location to yourself. 
I am a firm believer the majority of beach and water hunters are birds of a feather who flock together. 
Some would argue why waste time searching off the beaten track when there are sites known by everyone to produce a trinket or two.
It often works out to be about the same amount of time wasted, only sometimes you discover untapped areas you can have all to yourself.
Battle it out and get skunked at heavily hunted beaches, or get skunked trying somewhere different, I know what I prefer to do.
Unfortunately, the more experienced you get the easier it is to get lured into believing you always have to go to a certain place to find.
In my opinion, fortune favors the person who try's different areas as in the long run the more productive sites you have up your sleeve the more likely you are to avoid gold droughts. 


No comments:

Post a Comment