Total Pageviews

Sunday, June 25, 2017

You cant always get what you want


But if you try sometime you find you get what you need, I think I've heard those lines somewhere before but they related to my tourist beach hunt this morning. 
It serves me right for showing up to metal detect at 9am on a heavily hunted south Florida tourist beach. 
Nine people were metal detecting along a half mile stretch of the tourist beach I chose to search this morning, I already fed my money to the hungry parking meter so I decided to stay.
When this happens I usually go with the flow, it was too hot to beach hunt and the beach was getting busy so I hit the water in the only area left open by other water hunters. 
The deeper water was open so I figured that is where I will find my share and I did !
This happens to me a lot nowadays with so many people beach and water hunting.
Writing beach and water hunting books and posting jewelry on the internet, good move Gary! 
Many beach and water hunters have a set area they want to search and they usually get there early so they can pounce on certain areas.
I used to do that too, but not anymore I go with the flow if a place is already being searched by other people.
Heck, some of my best finds were recovered after I was forced to search areas that would probably not have been my first choice.
This is one of the reasons why I do not watch tide times, I believe it is better to show up and search regardless of the high or low tide times.
Just like seeing other people searching areas, search the tide you come across and roll the dice by going with the flow.
This little " Crab fart" signal turned out to be a 24 inch long 14 K gold chain, probably lost by a swimmer on the previous low tide.


I searched for the pendant and I had no luck recovering it, but I did recover two small gold bands close to the area. 
Perhaps the gold rings were on the gold chain, no way of knowing.
What I do know is it pays to stay and search different areas, when other people are probably searching areas you may have planned to search.
If a beach is heavily hunted, it's usually for a very good reason, just go with the flow and see what happens.


No comments:

Post a Comment