Total Pageviews

Saturday, August 8, 2015

Sometimes less is more when it comes to beach and water hunting.


The metal detectors I prefer to use for beach and water hunting are versatile, my control settings vary depending on the site selected and the search techniques I use depend on what I see when I get to the beach.
I have no complicated search patterns, no cumbersome equipment to lug around and I never search every beach the same way.
My stripped down approach to beach and water hunting has to do with less often meaning more when searching for jewelry at the beach.
Often, the biggest difference makers to a beach or water hunter are the things they do not do.
It is so easy to get set in your ways when beach or water hunting, especially when you have a little success.
You could easily make the mistake of thinking what you are doing is what you should be doing all the time.
I like observing other people metal detecting at the beach, they usually just repeat the same thing over and over again.
Like something may have worked for them or someone they know, so now they are going to do it over and over again,  regardless of the actual beach or water hunting conditions.
In my opinion as a hardcore beach and water hunter,  the worst thing you can possibly do is become one dimensional or a one trick pony. 
If you really think about it, we are searching for randomly lost jewelry and coins at the beach, so you never know what you are going to find and where you are going to find it. 
So why would you expect to improve your chances of recovering jewelry or coins at the beach by doing the same thing or searching the same sites every time you go to the beach.
Tomorrow I am hitting the beach for the first time in nearly two weeks,  you can be sure I am not going to read a tide chart or choose my site based on where everyone else goes metal detecting.
I will randomly select a beach, see what it looks like when I get there and probably find a piece of randomly lost jewelry after I decide what will improve my chances of recovering jewelry instead of junk. 
I know many of the local beach or water hunters in my area know exactly what they are going to do when they get to a beach tomorrow, which is why I have a good chance of recovering jewelry. 

















No comments:

Post a Comment