Total Pageviews

Monday, June 22, 2015

Tide charts and beach reports

If you base your beach or water hunting plans, or follow any of the things mentioned in this post title you are always going to be one step behind other beach and water hunters who go metal detecting regardless of the tides or beach conditions. 
A question I am often asked is, when is the best time to go metal detecting at the beach.
Another question is where do you find the most jewelry and coins at the beach, the answers to those questions are anytime and any place. 
The less beach or water hunting restrictions you place on yourself, the more jewelry and coins you will find at the beach. 
I doubt I would have found any of the jewelry and coins in this photo if I only went metal detecting at low tide or relied on other peoples beach reports before going beach or water hunting.  

Randomly lost coins and jewelry at the beach are just that, randomly lost coins and jewelry. 
The things you are searching for with your metal detector at the beach could be lost almost anywhere and at anytime. 
They are not always deep targets and not always shallow targets, simply randomly lost objects that end up settling in different layers of sand. 
So why would a beach or water hunter only go metal detecting at low tide, or sit around waiting until someone tells them they have a better chance of recovering stuff. 
I have recovered several really nice and expensive diamond rings this year, ask me what the beach conditions were like or what time was low tide when I recovered the rings and I could not tell you. 
Tide times and beach conditions are what they are when I arrive at a beach to metal detect, not the reason why I go to a beach to metal detect.
Tide charts and sanded in beach reports are two things that insure other people with metal detectors stay at home instead of going metal detecting. 







No comments:

Post a Comment